Weight

Weight
Welcome To The Strength Academy Blog!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Competition Looming

Qualification for the British Masters Weightlifting Championships is tomorrow and I may well make my target weight of 76.8kg to compete at 77kg. I did go up to 80kg and realised that a qualifier would give me all year to get bigger and stronger so that was the decision I went with. I now just have to lift 165kg to get to the championships in several weeks - hopefully competing at aroung 82kg.

Current total is 192.5kg and I am aiming for about 180kg on the day if the shoulders allow to jerk to fly up without any restrictions. Disheartening when your pb is 110kg and some days 80kg is a fight. Lovely sport, great challenge and masive amounts of skill. Somedays it can be a right pain and others it uplifts you like nothing else can.....

No comments:

Post a Comment