Weight

Weight
Welcome To The Strength Academy Blog!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Strongman Competition

You guessed it - there is a strongman comp and it is in 3 weeks and I am going in for it.

I competed 2 days ago and just had a double session as the work does not do itself!

Session 1 was the standard weightlifting with a return to deadlift. Session 2 consisted of grip endurance as that is what farmers walk is about more than strength - how long can you last!

I worked the light hand grippers to warm up and then went up to a number 1 for about 20 alternate reps. This progressed to some block weight timed holds and then some lighter grippers for sets of 10. I sold my steel log and farmers walk bars so I will have to make do with what is to hand. I held a pair of 24k bells for 1 minute to replicate the farmers endurance and finished up with some bar hangs and more grippers. Nothing heavy, just laying solid foundations.

A week after the comp is the British single arm champs and my eye is on the left hand barbell snatch record at a lighter bodyweight. I am then training for another 25 records so keeping busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment