Weight

Weight
Welcome To The Strength Academy Blog!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Training updates

May as well post my training here as it saves putting it on a board that constantly needs cleaning or in a notepad that can go missing!

Weds

Snatch training weight is now 72.5kg. The new rule is lift it 5 times and it goes up 2.5kg. Probably the most unscientific approach to periodisation and progressive programming. However, it works for me and that is all that counts. The aim for me now is consistency. It is no good having a PB of 92kg and not being able to lift 75kg in training and so this method aims to close in on a smaller target area and raise the weight when competency is shown at the current weight. Basically when I get 72.5kg 5 times in any session - I had 4 today - then it is 75kg for the next session and so on.

Finished with 5 minutes of 20kg KB snatches for work capacity based on another training goal. Ended the session teaching my 3 year old son how to jump mini hurdles, hit and kick a pad and do some bodyweight exercises - thoroughly enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment